IEC 61508: Functional Safety Software (SE)
Develop Safety Critical Applications
The course will cover the advanced topics of developing safety critical applications with a focus on applying SW methods used for achieving safety targets.
It will show how to plan the SW development lifecycle and how it is affected by constraining safety requirements. Assessment will be exemplified using SP method for certification.
Furthermore it will illustrate the effects on the project documentation (SW requirements specification, design documentation, testing documentation, etc.). Techniques and measures with respect to SIL will be walked through.
Help you to scope and plan your activities better for safety but also introduce the set of techniques and measures development engineers can use to achieve safety goals.
The course is suited for you who are involved in critical SW development susceptible to changes due to specific certification requirements.
Previous / Knowledge
The course is intended for you who have previously completed the introductory course to Functional Safety or if you are familiar with the basic concepts of functional safety (such as safety integrity levels and their allocation, risk management, safety life cycle and safety management). The most important principles will be repeated in the course, however, now focusing on SW development activities.
Areas which will be covered are:
- Relevant parts of IEC61508 Part 1
- IEC61508 Part 3
- IEC61508 Part 6 (w.r.t. IEC61508-3)
- Relevant parts of IEC61508 Part 7
Lars Strandén, Researcher Safety Critical Systems, SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden.
- Master of Engineering Physics, 1976, University of Technology in Uppsala, Sweden
- Licentiate of Engineering, 1998, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden
- Focused on software quality and development.
- Technical evaluations and research projects at SP from 2000.
- Project manager, evaluator, assessor and researcher.
- Example standards IEC 61508, ISO 13849-1 13849, ISO 26262