Embedded Linux Essentials
(1,5 day) Online training
Price: 9500 SEK
Request more information
Lena Bernhardsson – Sweden
+46 (0) 40 59 22 09
Heidi Lehtomäki – Finland
phone: +358 40 196 0142
Due to late last registration date for the online courses, we’ll send you the course book with the diploma after the course is finished.
This is an intensive course for kick-starting development of embedded Linux systems. It is targeted to those that have little or no prior knowledge of embedded Linux.
The course is divided into three main categories:
- Introduction to embedded Linux
- Building embedded Linux systems
- Linux driver development
The first section covers topics like: Platform architecture (boot loader, kernel, root file system, services), system operation details (such as: startup procedure, busybox, C-libraries, file systems suited for embedding, flash disk considerations, …) and open source licenses.
The second part is an introduction to the Yocto Project including topics as: bitbake principles and operation, recipes, variables, operators, layers, SDK’s and how to build images for a specific target.
The final section is an introduction to Linux driver development including: kernel configuration and building, kernel architecture, driver classes, driver debugging, exchanging data with user space, file operations, memory management, blocking/non-blocking operation.
You will practice skills through the following exercises:
- Configure, setup and install the extensible SDK-environment from Yocto.
- Use the extensible SDK for building target images.
- Add package to the target image
- Cross-compile the kernel
- Build a simple driver
- Develop a a basic character device driver
- Implement blocking read/writeThe exercises will be executed in a cloud environment, but the course will provide all details on how to re-create an identical build machine on a computer of your own.