FireDAC training course
This one day training course will introduce you to the FireDAC framework for connecting to and working with various databases with Delphi. The FireDAC framework is available in VCL applications as well as Firemonkey applications.
- We will go through the components needed to connect to a given database, locally or remote (Remote requires Delphi Enterprise or better), and see how to connect to them
- We will go through different ways of retrieving data from a database. Including basic Tdataset knowledge
- We’ll go through different ways of hooking up the data to the GUI
- We’ll see how to work with a disconnected database
- We’ll see advantages of working with ORM
- We’ll go into paramerised queries vs straight SQL queries
- We’ll see how and when to use Transactions, and when not to
- We’ll see how to effectively use cached updates
- We’ll get into querying data from different databases with LocalSQL
- We’ll see if we can use ArrayDML to our advantage
- We’ll briefly cover local database on mobile platforms
- We’ll see how to connect to databases with REST
- We’ll see how to build a system with pushing datachanges to clients
This training is aimed at developers who want to learn how to create solid applications or systems connecting to and working on a variety of databases, using the in-the-box FireDAC framework.
The course requires programming experience, preferably Delphi. But it does not require knowledge of building database systems.
The course will be with as much hands-on as possible. I encourage you to bring a laptop with Delphi installed and follow along.
The course is created and held by Jens Fudge. Jens has 20 years of experience with Delphi and arranging trainings. Due to the deep knowledge of Delphi Embarcadero promoted him to be Delphi MVP. Jens is a boardmember of the Danish Delphi Users Group Dapug, and is in charge of getting speakers to the bi-annually workshop. The training is held in English and the training material is also in English.